i have never been to the midwest before this week. here are my top favorite things so far:
1. green. everywhere.
2. corn. everywhere.
3. escalators for your shopping cart.
4. everyone is really nice.
5. people wave a lot.
6. the lakes.
7. thought it was flat- but found hills on the bike course. a lot of them.
8. the college town feel, like Isla Vista but with an older feel
9. couches on the decks of the college houses... oh i wish i was still in college sometimes
10. the farmers market- its huge!
11. the veggie garden on the capitols front lawn. ("so thats what that basil should look like..." )
12. the matching cow print bike kits i got as a souvenir.
ironman on tap for tomorrow! more to come...
to your health,